Sitting comfortably is the most important thing when gaming, otherwise it is only half as much fun. A cheap and simple alternative for console players who do not want to lounge on the sofa or have no space for a console chair, while playing their favorite game are bean bags chairs. In this post, we’ll look at the pros and cons and whether bean bags are good for gaming or not.
What is Bean Bag?
A Bean Bag Chair is simply a sack filled with special beans. These two elements – sack and filling – are all it takes. The sack is made of a fabric that is either made of synthetic material, cotton, a blended fabric, or leather. The loose filling of the bean bags consists of styrofoam beads or shredded foam, which adapts to the body individually when sitting down on the sack and thus offers a comfortable seat!
All in all, it is a very simple product and a very versatile piece of furniture. It is perfect for the living room, bedroom, and especially for the children’s room.
- DURABLE FABRIC: Stain-resistant, water-resistant and easily spot cleaned with a damp cloth, you'll love sinking into the Dorm in SmartMax. The perfect choice for dorms, living rooms, play rooms, bedrooms and dens.
- DETAILS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE: This compact chair is double-stitched and has a drink holder, pocket, and handle so it can easily move to wherever you need to study, relax, read, game, watch TV, and more!
- PERFECTLY FILLED: Your new Big Joe will arrive filled with the exact right amount of fluffy lightweight beans to allow for a perfect sitting experience because over-filled bags are not comfy.
- REFILLABLE: Every well-loved bean bag compresses over time. Refill bags are sold separately so you can give your Big Joe a pick-me-up when needed.
- ABSURDLY AWESOME: All Big Joe products are designed and filled in the USA in a Zero Landfill Certified Facility. And, we donate a percentage of all profits to helping those in need.
- THE PERFECT BEDROOM ACCESSORY: Simple and soft, The Sofa Sack individual bean bag chair is the perfect addition to every nursery, playroom, child’s bedroom, or basement. Incredibly comfortable and highly functional, this sofa is a perfect compliment to any decor.
- A BEAN CHAIR WITHOUT BEANS: These colorful, personal beanless bags are comprised of memory foam, which is much more fluffy than bean filled chairs. Besides contouring to your body better, they also last longer by maintaining their structure over prolonged use.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCT: Our bean bag furniture for adults and kids is made with durable foam stuffing, encased in velvet, passion suede with double stitching for maximum strength. Designed to support small rowdy toddlers up to large men and women, these stuffed chairs are built to last.
- CONFORM TO COZY: Supersoft and velvety to the touch, these multicolor bean bags are great for sitting, napping, and lounging. 24" off the ground and 36” x 36” in size, babies, toddlers and kids will love how much room they offer while adults enjoy the single sized seating.
- ONE CHAIR, SO MANY USES: Lightweight and mobile, you can move them from room to room with ease. Great for gaming and studying in teen bedrooms and college student dorm rooms or even family movie night, game night, play dates, and reading, these simple seats are the perfect room addition.
- Seat is covered in two layers of spandex
- Features sturdy SmartMax fabric on the sides
- Available in three color combinations
- Filled with cozy, easy-to-refill Megahh Beans
- Megahh Beans conform to you for maximum comfort
- MULTIPLE ADJUSTABLE POSITIONS: Enhance your experience with six different positions so you can sit, relax, recline, and more on a stylish piece with adjustable back cushion for lumbar support
- MULTIPURPOSE: Experience your favorite shows, games, or books with the added support of padded armrests that double as handlebars for easy transport
- FOLD TO STORE: Control your entertainment space; adjustable back cushion folds onto the padded seat for low-hassle storage when not in use
- STURDY DESIGN: Soft, removable polyester cover and armrests wrap around plush yet firm foam and a durable steel frame; machine-washable base protects your floors from scratches
- 360-DEGREE SWIVEL: Enjoy "all-around" mobility thanks to the steel ball bearings on the sturdy circular base; zero assembly required
- HIGH TECH GAMING CHAIR: Integrated 2.0 Bluetooth Audio System with headrest mounted speakers provide high quality audio for added immersion in video games
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST GAMING SYSTEMS: Simply connect to your gaming system with the integrated Bluetooth to get the most out of your gaming experience
- ROCKS AND RECLINES: Rocking design moves and reclines for comfortable playing positions throughout your longest gaming sessions
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Great for use in the office, living room, game room, bedroom, dorm room, or your preferred gaming location
- PERFECT SIZE FOR YOUR OFFICE OR GAMING SPACE: Measures 31" x 16.5" x 27.5" and folds down for convenient storage when not in use
Last update on 2021-04-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Are Bean Bags Good for Gaming?
A gamer beanbag is light and can be quickly set up at the right distance from the console and the screen. A beanbag seat will adapt to the shape of your body whether you sit straight or lie down in it. They do not really offer ergonomic seating comfort, you rather sink in and chill, which is ideal for youngsters but not for older gaming fans that have already an issue with their back.
Pros and Cons of Gaming Bean Bags?
Just like any other product, Bean Bags also have their pros and cons. In this section, we will share some of the advantages and disadvantages of using Bean Bags which will help you know they are the right choice for you or not.
- Bean Bags are comfortable. They come with a soft and squishy filling so the seat will mold itself according to your body which will help you achieve the ultimate comfort.
- More affordable than the racing-style gaming chairs. So, if you are on a budget then Bean Bag is an ideal option for you.
- Bean Bags comes with various materials but most of them are very easy to clean. They also don’t accumulate dirt on the corners due to their shape and you can easily clean them without any problem.
- Bean Bags are also very lightweight due to their build. You can easily move them around in your house without any trouble.
- Fits in every room, good for console gamers
- Particularly suitable for children
- No ergonomics to support and upright posture
- Not suitable for PC gaming because the sitting position for the desk use is too low and a bit awkward
- The biggest disadvantage of using the bean bag is the sweat issue. If you are using it in a humid environment then your back can get sweaty.
- Some models are not water and dirt repellent
- Needs a refill after a couple of years
- Not too comfortable for the elderly
What to look for when buying a Bean Bag for Gaming?
A Bean Bag is a simple product but there are tons of variations available out there which makes it difficult to pick the right one. That’s why you should consider these factors when buying the bean bag.
Pay attention to the beanbag filling and the fabric of the linning. Different surface materials are used for the outer covers. Polyester, nylon, synthetic fabrics, cotton, a blended fabric, or genuine leather, what’s best depends on your personal preference and what you are most comfortable to sit on.
Some synthetic fabrics and fillings may smell strongly of chemicals, make sure you avoid them. Look for a removable lining, this makes washing much easier.
Bean Bags comes in various shapes and sizes which you can pick according to your choice.
- Round is the most common shape and it is also an ideal shape for the gamers as well. Round Bean Bags shape and adapt to the body shape of the user and provides great comfort.
- Square Bean Bag is another common type, it has a more defined shape very similar to the chairs. It comes with a defined backrest and armrests.
- Gaming Bean Bags are advanced bean bags that come with semi-defined shape and some of them also features the built-in speakers and other features.
- There are also beanies that are designed for the kids. These bean bags come in various fun shapes such as animals, emojis, etc.
Bean Bag Fillings
As we mentioned in the intro section, Bean Bags are available with various filling which you can choose for added comfort.
- Polystyrene beads – Very common in bag bags and also very comfortable.
- Shredded foam – It is the same material that is used for cushions but in bean bags, it comes in shredded form.
- Expanded Polypropylene – More durable than other options and also very comfortable.
The type of filling determines how comfortable and how adaptable the sack is. It is also important that the sack is filled with exactly the right amount. It must not be too much and not too little. If the filling is too little you will sink too deep into the sack, if the filling is too much, it will not adapt well to your body. You must also note that low-quality filling material will compress more and will not so much expand anymore so the volume of the sack decreases.
Bean Bag Chair Refill
After some time of use, a bean bag may become a bit flat and loses its comfort. Refilling a bean bag is easy and fun too. Refills are available online.
Last update on 2021-04-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Bean bag seats are also available in different sizes. Before buying, make sure that the size fits and that you also like the shape of the bag.
- The adult size is the standard size. It can easily accommodate a 6-foot person with no problem
- Teen Bean Bag size is the size of teens. It is meant to support up to a 5’2” inch person without any problem.
- Kids’ size is obviously the smallest. These bean bags are small in size and they often come in various fun shapes such as animals etc.
- There are also bean bags for big people as well. Massive bean bags come in huge sizes and they can easily accommodate big or tall people.
These are the most important criteria which you should consider when buying a gaming bean bag. You can also consider other factors such as the outer material of the bean bag. Bean Bags comes in various finishes such as Cotton, Denim, Suede, Linen, Twill, and many more.
Bean Bags are considered the ideal option if you want to be comfortable while gaming. They are very affordable and with a good filling, it takes a few years for the beanbag to lose its shape. Even then you can refill them very easily and inexpensively with just a few simple steps.
So get off the floor and throw yourself into a cool beanbag. A gaming beanbag is a good alternative for console players who would otherwise be sitting on a sofa or in an armchair. For PC gamers, however, an ergonomic gaming desk chair has more advantages.