Sitting comfortably is the most important thing when gaming, otherwise it is only half as much fun. A cheap and simple alternative for console players who do not want to lounge on the sofa or have no space for a console chair, while playing your favorite game are gaming bean bags. In this post, we’ll look at the pros and cons and whether bean bags are good for gaming or not.
What is Bean Bag?
A Bean Bag Chair is simply a sack filled with a special beanbag filling. These two elements – sack and filling – is all it takes. The sack is made of a fabric that is either made of synthetic material, cotton, a blended fabric, or leather. The loose filling of the bean bags consists of styrofoam beads or shredded foam, which adapts to the body individually when sitting down on the sack and thus offers a comfortable seat!
All in all, it is a very simple product and a very versatile piece of furniture. It is perfect for the living room, bedroom, and especially for the children’s room.
- COMFORTABLE: designed with high quality chopped memory foam and soft plush fabric to give a comfortable seat on any floor. The memory foam conforms to your body giving you a perfect seat
- ADJUSTABLE: easily adjust the floor into 14 different positions allowing you to lay the chair flat to take a nap, lounge to watch your favorite movie or use at 90 degrees to play board games
- UNIVERSAL USE: the chair gives you a variety of options for how to use it. Allows you to read your latest book, meditate comfortably on the floor or play board games with your family! Great for adding extra seating when friends and family come over to watch the game! Perfect for kids playing games, reading, coloring, or playing
- EASY STORAGE: lay the chair completely flat to store under your bed or tall couch. Also lay the chairs flat to stack them on top of each other making them easy to put away
- DELIVERED FULLY ASSEMBLED. DIMENSIONS: Flat Position Dimensions: : 21.25” Width x 41.25” Depth x 6” Height. 90’ Degree Position Dimensions: 19” Width x 23” Depth x 22.5” Height. Weight: 10.5 lbs.
- Covered in stain-resistant, easy-to-clean smartmax fabric
- Filled with Megahh Beans to surround you with comfort on all sides
- Available in multiple colours
- Double stitched with dual zippers for extra safety and durability
- Big Joe donates 10% of profits Back to the community; Fabric Care Instructions: Spot Treat
- 360-DEGREE ROTATION: Enjoy "all-around" mobility thanks to the steel ball bearings on the sturdy circular base; zero assembly required
- 3 ADJUSTABLE POSITIONS: Enhance your experience with three different positions; sit, relax, and recline in comfort and style with adjustable back cushion for lumbar support
- QUALITY COMFORT: Soft, removable polyester cover and armrests wrap around plush yet firm foam and a durable steel frame; machine-washable base protects your floors from scratches
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL ARMRESTS: Experience your favorite shows and games with the added support of padded armrests that double as handlebars for easy transport
- FOLDS FOR STORAGE: Control your entertainment space; adjustable back cushion folds onto the padded seat for low-hassle storage; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 22.5"(L) x 22"(W) x 30"(H); Weight Capacity: 287 lbs.
Last update on 2020-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Are Bean Bags Good for Gaming?
A gamer beanbag is light and can be quickly set up at the right distance from the console and the screen. A gaming beanbag will adapt to the shape of your body whether you sit straight or lie down in it. They do not really offer ergonomic seating comfort, you rather sink in and chill, which is ideal for youngsters but not for older gaming fans that have already an issue with their back.
Pros and Cons of Gaming Bean Bags?
Just like any other product, Bean Bags also have their pros and cons. In this section, we will share some of the advantages and disadvantages of using Bean Bags which will help you know they are the right choice for you or not.
- Bean Bags is are comfortable. They come with the soft and squishy interior which molds itself according to your body which will help you achieve the ultimate comfort.
- More affordable than the gaming chair. So, if you are on a budget then Bean Bag is an ideal option for you.
- Bean Bags comes with various materials but most of them are very easy to clean. They also don’t accumulate dirt on the corners due to their shape and you can easily clean them without any problem.
- Bean Bags are also very lightweight due to their build. You can easily move them around in your house without any trouble.
- Fits in every room, good for console gamers
- Particularly suitable for children
- Not suitable for PC gaming because the sitting position for the desk use is too low and a bit awkward
- The biggest disadvantage of using the bean bag is the sweat issue. If you are using it in a humid environment then your back can get sweaty.
- Some models are not water and dirt repellent
- Needs a refill after a couple of years
- Not to comfortable for the elderly
What to look for when buying a Bean Bag for Gaming?
A Bean Bag is a simple product but there are tons of variations available out there which makes it difficult to pick the right one. That’s why you should consider these factors when buying the bean bag.
Pay attention to the beanbag filling and the fabric of the linning. Different surface materials are used for the outer covers. Polyester, nylon, synthetic fabrics, cotton, a blended fabric, or genuine leather, what’s best depends on your personal preference and what you are most comfortable to sit on.
Some synthetic fabrics and fillings may smell strongly of chemicals, make sure you avoid them. Look for a removable lining, this makes washing much easier.
Bean Bags comes in various shapes and sizes which you can pick according to your choice.
- Round is the most common shape of Bean Bags and it is also an ideal shape for the gamers as well. Round Bean Bags comes in round shape and they mold themselves according to body shape which provides great comfort.
- Square Bean Bag is another common type of bean bags and it has a more defined shape very similar to the chairs. It comes with the defined back and armrests.
- Gaming Bean Bags are advanced bean bags that come with semi-defined shape and some of them also features the built-in speakers and other features.
- There are also bean bags that are designed for the kids. These bean bags come in various fun shapes such as animals, emojis, etc.
As we mentioned in the intro section, Bean Bags also comes with various filling which you can choose for added comfort.
- Polystyrene beads – Very common in bag bags and also very comfortable.
- Shredded foam – It is the same material that is used for cushions but in bean bags, it comes in shredded form.
- Expanded Polypropylene – More durable than other options and also very comfortable.
The type of filling determines how comfortable and how adaptable the sack is. It is also important that the sack is filled with exactly the right amount. It must not be too much and not too little. If the filling is too little you will sink too deep into the sack, if the filling is too much, it will not adapt well to your body. You must also note that low-quality filling material will compress more and will not so much expand anymore so the volume of the sack decreases.
Bean Shapes also comes in various sizes and if you want bean size to fit your body shape then you will need to consider the size of the bean bag as well.
- Adult Bean Bag size is the common bean bag size that can easily handle most of the people. It can easily accommodate a 6 fit person without any issue.
- Teen Bean Bag size is the size of teens. It can easily support up to 5’2” inch person without any problem.
- Kids’ size is the size of the kids. These beans bags are small in size and they often come in various fun shapes such as animals etc.
- There are also bean bags for big people as well. Massive bean bags come with huge size and they can easily accommodate big or tall people.
These are the most important criteria which you should consider when buying a gaming bean bag. You can also consider other factors such as the outer material of the bean bag. Bean Bags comes in various finishes such as Cotton, Denim, Suede, Linen, Twill, and many more.
Bean Bags are considered the ideal option if you want to be comfortable while gaming. They are very affordable and with a good filling, it takes a few years for the beanbag to lose its shape. Even then you can refill them very easily and inexpensively with just a few simple steps.
So get off the floor and throw yourself into a gaming beanbag. A gaming beanbag is a good alternative for console players who would otherwise be sitting on a sofa or in an armchair. For PC gamers, however, an ergonomic gaming desk chair has more advantages. Happy Gaming!