Sitting comfortably is the most important thing when gaming, otherwise it is only half as much fun. A cheap and simple alternative for console players who do not want to lounge on the sofa or have no space for a console chair, while playing your favorite game are gaming bean bags. In this post, we’ll look at the pros and cons and whether bean bags are good for gaming or not.
What is Bean Bag?
A Bean Bag Chair is simply a sack filled with a special beanbag filling. These two elements – sack and filling – is all it takes. The sack is made of a fabric that is either made of synthetic material, cotton, a blended fabric, or leather. The loose filling of the bean bags consists of styrofoam beads or shredded foam, which adapts to the body individually when sitting down on the sack and thus offers a comfortable seat!
All in all, it is a very simple product and a very versatile piece of furniture. It is perfect for the living room, bedroom, and especially for the children’s room.
- This Big Joe bean bag chair is made with SmartMax Fabric: Tough, stain resistant, water-resistant, and easily cleaned with damp cloth | Filled with UltimaX Beans that conform to you. Covers are re-fillable, and UltimaX refill beans are sold separately
- Product dimensions – 33” L x 32” W x 25” H | Product weight – 4.75 lbs.
- Covers are double stitched, and sealed with two safety locking zippers, making this refillable bean bag durable and safe | Brush off loose dirt – Spot spray a cleaning solution of water and mild soap – Use a soft bristle brush to clean – Allow to air dry
- Built in handle makes it easy to Grab and Go with your Big Joe, whether you are watching TV in the living room, studying in your room, or playing games in the basement | Built in pockets are a convenient way to stash your smartphones, remotes, and books.
- Designed and Filled in the USA in a Zero Landfill Facility
- DURABLE FABRIC: Stain-resistant, water-resistant and easily spot cleaned with a damp cloth, you'll love sinking into the Classic 98 in SmartMax. The perfect choice for living rooms, play rooms, bed rooms and dens.
- CLASSIC SHAPE: Our take on a classic design, the Classic 98 is a fresh take on the bean bag you loved as a kid, perfectly sized for the little ones in your home. The durable handle makes it a breeze to take along on adventures.
- PERFECTLY FILLED: Your new Big Joe will arrive filled with the exact right amount of fluffy lightweight beans to allow for a perfect sitting experience because over-filled bags are not comfy.
- REFILLABLE: Every well-loved bean bag compresses over time. Refill bags are sold separately so you can give your Big Joe a pick-me-up when needed.
- Approximate size 33" x 30" x 20"
- Fun for everyone: A great size for both kids and adults, this comfy Bean bag is the perfect furniture addition to any basement, family room, dorm, or bedroom whether as a gaming chair or a study spot
- Oversized sack: 60 x 60 x 34 inches - Collapse into a seat that loves you back and forms to fit your body; with space for two, you can cuddle close, share with a friend, or spread out to really relax
- Breathable and comfortable it is also very moisture resistant
- Shredded memory foam: Chill sack Bean bag chairs are stuffed with a shredded, soft, memory foam blend that is highly durable to maintain shape while increasing comfort levels for the ultimate chill moments
- Comfy Furniture Cover: the removable double stitched micro-suede fiber is soft to the touch, machine washable, and resistant to stains, and discoloration for easy maintenance
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Are Bean Bags Good for Gaming?
A gamer beanbag is light and can be quickly set up at the right distance from the console and the screen. A gaming beanbag will adapt to the shape of your body whether you sit straight or lie down in it. They do not really offer ergonomic seating comfort, you rather sink in and chill, which is ideal for youngsters but not for older gaming fans that have already an issue with their back.
Pros and Cons of Gaming Bean Bags?
Just like any other product, Bean Bags also have their pros and cons. In this section, we will share some of the advantages and disadvantages of using Bean Bags which will help you know they are the right choice for you or not.
- Bean Bags is are comfortable. They come with the soft and squishy interior which molds itself according to your body which will help you achieve the ultimate comfort.
- More affordable than the gaming chair. So, if you are on a budget then Bean Bag is an ideal option for you.
- Bean Bags comes with various materials but most of them are very easy to clean. They also don’t accumulate dirt on the corners due to their shape and you can easily clean them without any problem.
- Bean Bags are also very lightweight due to their build. You can easily move them around in your house without any trouble.
- Fits in every room, good for console gamers
- Particularly suitable for children
- Not suitable for PC gaming because the sitting position for the desk use is too low and a bit awkward
- The biggest disadvantage of using the bean bag is the sweat issue. If you are using it in a humid environment then your back can get sweaty.
- Some models are not water and dirt repellent
- Needs a refill after a couple of years
- Not to comfortable for the elderly
What to look for when buying a Bean Bag for Gaming?
A Bean Bag is a simple product but there are tons of variations available out there which makes it difficult to pick the right one. That’s why you should consider these factors when buying the bean bag.
Pay attention to the beanbag filling and the fabric of the linning. Different surface materials are used for the outer covers. Polyester, nylon, synthetic fabrics, cotton, a blended fabric, or genuine leather, what’s best depends on your personal preference and what you are most comfortable to sit on.
Some synthetic fabrics and fillings may smell strongly of chemicals, make sure you avoid them. Look for a removable lining, this makes washing much easier.
Bean Bags comes in various shapes and sizes which you can pick according to your choice.
- Round is the most common shape of Bean Bags and it is also an ideal shape for the gamers as well. Round Bean Bags comes in round shape and they mold themselves according to body shape which provides great comfort.
- Square Bean Bag is another common type of bean bags and it has a more defined shape very similar to the chairs. It comes with the defined back and armrests.
- Gaming Bean Bags are advanced bean bags that come with semi-defined shape and some of them also features the built-in speakers and other features.
- There are also bean bags that are designed for the kids. These bean bags come in various fun shapes such as animals, emojis, etc.
Bean Bag Fillings
As we mentioned in the intro section, Bean Bags also comes with various filling which you can choose for added comfort.
- Polystyrene beads – Very common in bag bags and also very comfortable.
- Shredded foam – It is the same material that is used for cushions but in bean bags, it comes in shredded form.
- Expanded Polypropylene – More durable than other options and also very comfortable.
The type of filling determines how comfortable and how adaptable the sack is. It is also important that the sack is filled with exactly the right amount. It must not be too much and not too little. If the filling is too little you will sink too deep into the sack, if the filling is too much, it will not adapt well to your body. You must also note that low-quality filling material will compress more and will not so much expand anymore so the volume of the sack decreases.
Bean Bag Chair Refill
After some time of use, a bean bag may become a bit flat and loses its comfort. Refilling a bean bag is easy and fun too. Bean bag chair refills are available online.
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Bean Shapes also comes in various sizes and if you want bean size to fit your body shape then you will need to consider the size of the bean bag as well.
- Adult Bean Bag size is the common bean bag size that can easily handle most of the people. It can easily accommodate a 6 fit person without any issue.
- Teen Bean Bag size is the size of teens. It can easily support up to 5’2” inch person without any problem.
- Kids’ size is the size of the kids. These beans bags are small in size and they often come in various fun shapes such as animals etc.
- There are also bean bags for big people as well. Massive bean bags come with huge size and they can easily accommodate big or tall people.
These are the most important criteria which you should consider when buying a gaming bean bag. You can also consider other factors such as the outer material of the bean bag. Bean Bags comes in various finishes such as Cotton, Denim, Suede, Linen, Twill, and many more.
Bean Bags are considered the ideal option if you want to be comfortable while gaming. They are very affordable and with a good filling, it takes a few years for the beanbag to lose its shape. Even then you can refill them very easily and inexpensively with just a few simple steps.
So get off the floor and throw yourself into a gaming beanbag. A gaming beanbag is a good alternative for console players who would otherwise be sitting on a sofa or in an armchair. For PC gamers, however, an ergonomic gaming desk chair has more advantages. Happy Gaming!