This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase I earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
The ASUS ROG Core in the below configuration is not available anymore.
Please see this post for some of the latest bestselling gaming computers with up to date configurations.
The ASUS ROG Core i7 Compact Gaming Desktop
VR ready, the ASUS ROG Core i7 Compact Gaming Desktop is made for playing the latest video games. Virtual Reality computer games are gaining popularity as they totally absorb you into fantasy worlds and allow a gaming experience like no other. This i7 Gaming Desktop from ASUS takes you to new levels of immersive gaming, and it is going to change the way we view media and games. Even more so, we are all connected as one big gaming network, as we can play online with people from all over the world.
Many gamers own mainstream consoles the XBOX One (developed by Microsoft), the PlayStation 4 (developed by Sony, now featuring their new VR Component), and the Nintendo Switch (by Nintendo, also the Wii U). These are the main consoles available for purchase.
However, professional gamers are more interested in playing games on a PC gaming desktop system. Consoles simply cannot match the graphics or speed of an i7 Gaming Desktop equipped with the latest hardware. The PC is famous for one of the most popular games of all time, World of Warcraft, and with open-world games of this magnitude. If you want to play a game with zero lag and no glitches, you should be looking at investing in a PC gaming desktop.
A regular PC system or a gaming console simply cannot do what you need it to do to play these games to the best of their ability. That is why so many gamers opt to buy or build their very own PC gaming desktop. These are computers that have been built for gaming. They have a lot of storage space, high-quality video cards, and some of the fastest processors on the market today. They are all about speed, connecting fast with the Internet, and ensuring your gaming experience is top of the line. If you do not own one and are looking to buy, or you have one and are looking to upgrade, it can be difficult to know which one’s are the best and which ones to stay away from. Since it is such a big market, there are so many options to look over, that it is an impossible task to know which one is good without doing research ahead of time. That is why it is so important to read, research, and look at in-depth reviews like this article.
We will be looking at one of the more expensive PC gaming desktops that are available for purchase: the ASUS ROG Core i7 Compact Gaming Desktop. I wanted to look at it more in-depth because even though something may have a higher price tag, that doesn’t always mean it offers more. So how is the ASUS ROG Core i7 Compact Gaming Desktop? Is it worth the higher price tag?
Features of the ASUS ROG Core i7 Gaming Desktop
The ASUS ROG Core i7 Compact Gaming Desktop comes with a variety of features for you to have an all-new, high-quality immersive gaming experience. It will definitely change the way you play games forever. These features include:
- Intel Core i7-6700 Quad Core 3.4 GHz Processor
- Comes equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, one of the most advanced cards for games and heavy-duty applications
- Both an active and passive thermal design
- Airflow that is hidden and cools consistently during long gaming periods of time
- Full user manual
- Ready to use with Virtual Reality software, the ROG i7 Gaming Desktop will throw you right into stunning visuals
- Can customize the LED lighting to enhance your gaming
- Installed with Windows 10
- Comes with a USB keyboard and mouse
- RAM is 16 GB DDR-SDRAM
- 2133 MHz of memory speed
- Hard drive holds 1024 GB SATA
- Works wirelessly with the 802.11A/C
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Comes installed with 4 USB 3.0 ports
- Part of the Performance Tower series
- Weighs 14.1 lbs.
- Measures 13.4” by 4.1” by 14.1”
- 1 audio out port
- Incredibly easy setup and installation
- Perfect graphics and video images
- Capable of hooking up with VR—the next level of gaming
- One of the quietest systems on the market
- Stylish case
- Always is cool, never overheats
- Takes less than 20 seconds to boot up the system
- Interface is intuitive
- Very compact so you can easily take it on the go
- A bit expensive for the specs that you will be getting
Verdict of the ROG i7 Gaming Desktop
Virtual reality is the entire future of the gaming industry, and it is going to offer the most immersive gaming we have ever experienced. With the release of the VR system with the PlayStation 4, every other console is going to be following suit. That is why it is integral to find a machine with the ability to hook up to a virtual reality system and components.
The ASUS ROG Core i7 Compact Gaming Desktop does have those components so that is why I think it is great in some ways. However, the ASUS ROG Core i7 Compact Gaming Desktop is a bit expensive for the features it offers, but if you got the budget and want a ready to go machine, then go for it. If your budget is tight then you want to look at the iBUYPOWER AM001i Desktop Gaming PC Intel i5-7400 3.0Ghz for a cheaper alternative that has some great features as well.