This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase I earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
A gaming chair for console players differs from a normal desk gaming chair, as console gamers are not tied to a gaming desk and therefore expect different features from their chairs. Consoles Gaming chairs are often bulky in appearance and design and stand either directly on the floor with a rocking chair type base or the seat is mounted on a pedestal. Hence the distinction between a gaming rocking chair or a gaming pedestal chair.
- ALL PURPOSE GAMING CHAIR: Leather lounging game chair can be used for playing video games, watching movies and TV, listening to music, reading, and relaxing.
- COMPLETE MEDIA EXPERIENCE: Chair incorporates four forward facing speakers, audio force modulation technology, and ported power subwoofers into the open space inside the chair for full immersion in your game, movie, or music.
- ADDITIONAL VIBRATION MOTORS: The Pro Series H3 includes additional vibration motors that sync with your audio's bass tones to create an even more powerful full-body sensation keeping you comfortable and entertained for hours.
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, MP3s, DVDs and most other gaming systems. Weight capacity 275 lbs.
- CONNECTS WITH MULTIPLE CHAIRS: Control panel includes separate volume and bass controls, and input and output jacks for connecting to your audio source so other X-Rocker chairs can join in multi-game mode.
Last update on 2021-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- ALL PURPOSE GAMING CHAIR WITH SPEAKERS: Faux leather outer with stylish breathable fabric back and seat, high back tilt & swivel pedestal game chair can be used to play video games, watch movies, listen to music, read and relax
- RESONATING SOUND: The exclusive AFM Audio Force Modulation technology creates vibrational audio that intensifies every gaming and movie experience
- IMMERSIVE WIRELESS MEDIA EXPERIENCE: Chair incorporates wireless audio transmission, 2 speakers near the headrest and a 4 subwoofer in outer part of the backrest, providing a low rumble intensifying your game, movie, or music
- COMPLETE MEDIA EXPERIENCE: Chair incorporates 2 speakers, audio force modulation (AFM) technology, and a 4 ported power subwoofer for full immersion in your game, movie, or music
- CONNECTS WITH MULTIPLE CHAIRS: Control panel includes separate volume and bass controls, and input and output jacks for connecting to your audio source so other X-Rocker chairs can join in multi-game mode
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Ergonomic: Find your optimal position by reclining between 90 - 135 degrees with infinite locking positions, provides you with a safe and comfortable back support and a more comfortable gaming pose
- Sturdy: Integrated metal frame, high-quality PU leather and high-density thicker sponge make a perfect racing chair for women and men. Adjustable headrest and lumbar support for a comfortable gaming time all day. The round base comes with max load capacity up to 275lbs
- Easier to move and swivel: An extra stable base features 360-degree swivel for strong support and easy movement
- Convenient Cup holders and Removable side pouches: Cup holders on the each side to satisfy your different living habits and two removable side pouches that hangs off the chair to keep game controllers and headphones close
- Included components: Hardware
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Which is the best gaming chair for console players
While the selection of different gaming consoles is not particularly big and will not give you much of a headache, choosing a console gaming chair is a bit more complex. Besides choosing between a rocker or a pedestal chair there are a number of other features to consider, so you have to know exactly what you want from a chair and what features it should have.
Types of Console Gaming Chairs
A Gaming Rocker Chair has no feet but stands directly on the floor. The underside of the chair features a rocking base that allows rocking back and forth. This is the simplest form of console chairs, the disadvantage is that you sit quite low, which is not a problem for young people but older folks might find it difficult to get up.
Pedestal gaming chair
A Gaming pedestal chair is essentially a gaming rocker that is mounted on a pedestal. This has the advantage that you sit a little higher, so it is easier to get up. The chair also swivels on the pedestal.
Reclining gaming chairs look pretty much like a typical armchair in terms of style and design. They are comfortable and ideal for gaming, watching TV, or simply as a cozy chair to hang out in. Compared to rocker or pedestal, they can be tilted backward and allow an almost lying position. Due to its versatility, this type of gaming chair for console players is becoming increasingly popular.
Console chair vs regular desk chair
Technical features to enhance the gaming experience are the biggest difference between a console game chair and a normal armchair or couch. There are also special models in terms of design and appearance, such as colors and style to match your console and other gaming hardware. Built-in features such as built-in surround sound speakers, subwoofers, or vibration motors allow you to really feel immersed in the action of what you see on the screen while playing. This can lead to a completely different perception. You not only hear and see, you feel the game on a completely different level.
Buying The Best Gaming Chair for Console Players
The construction of a console game chair allows some devices and gadgets to be built into the chair, which serves to increase gaming experience and immersion in the virtual worlds. Console game chairs are equipped with built-in speakers, subwoofers, vibration motors, Bluetooth and wireless connectivity, as well as speaker connections. Make sure that you order the latest model gaming chair for console players that is also compatible with the latest gaming consoles.
Pay attention to the connectivity options. Does it have Bluetooth or do you need to use cables and plugs? How to connect your headset and console.
Probably the most important aspect of a good console chair is comfort, even during long game sessions. Comfortable and relaxed sitting increases the enjoyment of the game helps concentration and ensures constant gaming performance. The backrest and seat are designed with ergonomic aspects in mind, armrests and headrests and neck rests provide additional comfort. Durable and comfortable cushioning made of high-quality foam in combination with covers that are skin-friendly and breathable just as important. Good console chairs give you the best possible support.
As with all gaming chairs, choosing the right size also plays an important role in console chairs. Many of the console gaming chairs are not very comfortable if you are very large. Those who are taller and heavier may not feel the most comfortable sitting in one, but this is an individual assessment and everyone has to try it out for themselves.
However, in addition to the technical specifications and features, you must pay attention to the recommended body size and the maximum weight limits. No matter how well you like a chair, but if you don’t fit it properly, it may be better to find another option. Console gaming chairs are only slightly adjustable compared to regular desk gaming chairs, so be careful when buying and pay attention to the size.
Does it fit into the room?
A console chair may take up more space than you thought. Even if you can fold it up, you also need a place where you can store it. Measure the room you want to place your game chair in and make sure that you not only have enough room for the chair but also enough space between the screen and other furniture and equipment so that you can move around it. Too annoyed when you buy a chair only to find that it doesn’t fit in the room.
What do you want to spend? For more dollars you get a better chair, that’s just the way it is. You can get a simple bean bag or floor rocker for under 100 dollars. A great pedestal gaming chair with all built-in gimmicks and technical gadgets may cost around 400 dollars. So knowing your budget in advance can definitely help and limit your selection to gaming chairs that fit your budget comfortably.
Sitting in a rocker gaming chair
When gaming, you often lose yourself completely in the game and get absorbed into other universes. You are highly concentrated and emotionally tense, which affects your body too. You don’t notice how time flies by and you may also don’t notice how you slump down and how your posture gets worse and worse. Correct sitting posture is important to avoid back pain and prevent postural damage.
In console gaming chairs you don’t sit upright but rather in an inclined lying position. The back and spine are relieved while lying down, the back muscles relax, since these do not have to ensure an upright sitting position. This relaxed posture is well suited for long gaming sessions as well as reading, watching TV or movies, just chilling or even taking a nap.
But make sure you always take enough breaks from gaming. Get up, move, make sure that the muscles and extremities are supplied with blood, and that you get the circulation going. Take a walk in the fresh air, exercise and a little workout is a healthy balance to sitting for a long time to prevent back problems.
Reasons for buying a console gaming chair
- Cool design to match the gaming themes
- Comfortable for many hours of play
- Cozy relaxing position just to chill and relax
- Built-in features like vibration and sound system for gaming enhancement
- A comfortable and impressive piece of furniture
Chairs for console gamers
With a gaming console, you don’t need to be near a desk so you can make yourself really comfortable. Built-in speakers or vibrating motors provide a particularly immersive feeling but those chairs are also great for watching movies, reading, listening to music, or simply relaxing.