Gaming chairs are the latest buzzword in the gaming community. Good chairs for gaming can definitely enhance your game playing experience. They are available in many different designs, styles, and materials.
Irrespective of the cost, gaming chairs have many benefits and are designed to provide excellent comfort to the user. Your gaming experience will be made so much more comfortable with gaming chairs.
They are not just meant for providing comfort. The overall gaming experience will be enhanced tremendously with the kind of features offered by manufacturers these days.
Gaming Chair Features
Good chairs for gaming should have some features that set them apart from office chairs. Let’s take a look at some of the common gaming chair features here.
- Most of these chairs are of clever ergonomic design with the idea to enhance your gaming experience while providing the maximum health benefit.
- A typical gaming chair feature are wheels to move around freely in all directions without getting up. There must be at least 5 hard plastic wheels extending from a center leg.
- Important is a Seat angle adjustment to allows the whole seat angle to tilt. This can rotate your pelvis forward and take pressure from your legs improving circulation to your lower legs.
- To provide a healthy sitting position, a gaming chair should have an adjustable seat height.
- To relax arms and shoulder adjustable armrests are a great feature of a gaming chair.
- Backrest angle adjustment, tilting the backrest can reduce strain and relax your lower back.
- Neck and Lumbar support cushions are additional features that may benefit to relieve the spine and prevent a slouched sitting position.
- The material used for the upholstery should be tough and easy to take care of and breathable to prevent sweating.
- Many gaming chair features are built to enhance your gaming experience. Therefore, some chairs might allow you to mimic certain actions like flying or driving when you play the game.
Design of good chairs for gaming
Let’s take a look at the design. Ergonomics and comfort are essential in designing good chairs for gaming. This must allow comfortable sitting making sure the gamer doesn’t have an aching back at the end of the day. But quality gaming chairs add to the gaming fun not only in health benefits but also in optical design with gaming themes in mind. The common gaming chair designs are:
Racing Style Chairs, this is the seat made for PC racing gaming activities. Racing style chairs are amongst the most popular and bestselling gaming chairs. Many clever design features and extras provide comfortable sitting for many hours of fatigue-free gaming time.
Racing Simulators, those are the chairs for the racing enthusiast. Built to simulate sitting in a racing car cockpit, they may come with a mount for a steering wheel and a gear shifter mount.
Pedestal Gaming Chairs, mounted on a solid pedestal on which they swivel and rock. Pedestal chairs have space for many additional gizmos build into it the wide backrest. They are comfortable and great fun for video gaming.
Video Game Rockers, sit right on the floor, comfortable to hang out in playing console games or just watching a movie the most affordable gaming chairs.
There are many interesting features that may come as an extra with good chairs for gaming. Especially Pedestal Gaming chairs allow all sorts of technical extensions to be designed into the wide backrest. Some models have wireless sound via wifi of blue tooth built-in. As a result, you don’t have to worry about countless cables all over the floor and being in the way. It will make the chair movement a lot less complicated.
Often gaming chairs also have integrated control panels, some even have motion sensors and build in vibration motors that add to the gaming experience.
The most valuable feature is the ergonomic design of good chairs for gaming. A well-designed chair will have you sit comfortably and enjoy gaming with fewer troubles for you back and health.
Pricing of good gaming chairs
You might think good chairs for gaming will be very expensive. But as the industry actually wants to sell chairs they need to offer affordable gaming chairs that everybody can buy. Considering that good chairs for gaming come with a number of special features to enhance your gaming fun they are a great value buy. Besides that any chair cost money. So spending a few extra dollars and getting a good ergonomically designed gaming chair, might also benefit your health as you will be sitting a much healthier sitting position.
Yes, there are some models that are incredibly expensive. But just keep on checking the market for special deals or until some of those expensive gaming chair models ends up in a sale. You can save considerably then.
Gaming chairs under 100 dollars offer just the basics and may not be very comfortable. If you are looking for more features, then you definitely have to shell out more money than that. There are plenty of good chairs for gaming in the price class between 300 to 400 dollars. Of course, there is no price limit upwards.
I would suggest you look through bestselling gaming chairs and read through our chair reviews. It is important to check the features they are offering. Make sure that they offer all the features that you have been looking for. In some cases, some models have many features that you might consider unnecessary.