|This post contains affiliate links. If you follow a link, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost for you. Thank you.|
Shopping for gaming chairs online has many advantages over visiting stores that sell gaming chairs. It’s convenient, hassle-free, there is a huge selection that you can browse through from the comfort of your own home. You don’t have to organize bulky transports when shopping for gaming chairs online and most online retailers deliver within 1-2 days anyway, some even offer same-day delivery.
So while online really is the main marketplace for gaming chairs many well-known department stores in the USA hold large stocks of gaming chairs in store. In the showrooms rooms of the large furniture stores you not only have the opportunity to see the chairs in beautifully set up gaming rooms, but you also have the opportunity to check out the brands, test sit and make sure the chair is big enough so that you sit comfortably in it.
Where To Buy Gaming Chairs In Store
If you’ve made up your mind to buy a gaming chair in store, you don’t have to go far. Just head down to one of the large American department stores near you and check out their range of gaming chairs. Although availability will vary from store to store and in many cases only the larger stores will hold any stock. you could check online and check before rushing out to make that purchase. Some of the stores that will usually hold stock are Walmart, Office Depot, Costco, Target and Micro-Center. But read on, whether there are any advantages to buying gaming chairs in store.
Stores That Sell Gaming Chairs
Gaming and gaming accessories are big business. Nearly all of the large retail and department stores in North America are participating. Most of those stores that sell gaming chairs have a showroom with lots of popular gaming chairs that you can take a close look at and test out.
Many of the mid to large-sized Walmarts will have a range of chairs that you can test in-store. It is best to look at their website first, where you can check what chairs are available in stores in your area. They are quite a few cheap gaming chairs Walmart sells online only.
Office Depot has a huge range of chairs and most stores at least have some in-store that you can test. In some instances, they may be able to get stock from another branch if the chair you want to test isn’t in stock. See gaming chairs at Office Depot.
Staples is another option when you are looking for gaming chairs, computers- and office supplies. The online shop for all sorts of office and computer supplies is huge but there is also an assortment of gaming chairs stocked in the branch stores. You will certainly find a suitable gaming chair there if you need one quickly, otherwise, browse their range of chairs online and check what’s available for store pick up near you
Costco doesn’t have a huge range of chairs stocked, but what they do have is available in most warehouses and can be tested in-store. It is always best to check if they have them in stock before you make the trip though.
Everyone knows Target. Target Corporation is one of the largest retailers in the United States and the country’s second-largest discount retailer after Wal-Mart.
Target has a range of over 160 chairs to choose from. Although these won’t be available in every store there is a store and stock checker online.
Micro Center is one of America’s leading computer department stores that focuses on information technology products and sells computers, electronics, network and communication devices as well as selected accessories.
They have a large range of gaming chairs and at least some of them are available in most stores. It is advisable to check online first and see what is available in the Micro Center store near you
We have only really touched on some of the major retailers that stock gaming chairs. There are likely to be other stockists in your local area and I would be surprised if they didn’t all allow you to test the seat before you buy.
Pros and Cons of Buying Gaming Chairs In Store
If you are wondering whether buying a chair in store is the right option, you may want to consider some of the pros and cons of buying In-store.
Advantages Of Buying In-Store
- You get to test your chair: Not every chair is the perfect fit for all. Although they are all adjustable to a large degree, some people prefer more padding or lumbar support. Others want more support in the way of headrests etc.
- Buying a chair is a personal thing: They aren’t cheap and you would hope to be using it for years to come. If you want to be absolutely sure it is the right chair, then testing it first is a huge plus.
- You Know Exactly What You are Getting: Pictures can be flattering, you don’t notice the shoddy stitching or the cheap plastic hidden out of view. When buying in-store you can examine your chair and make sure you know the quality of what you are buying.
- You can get it and used it right away: Let’s face it we’ve all clicked that buy now button and then instantly start counting down the minutes until delivery is due, then you get that dreaded email saying shipping has been delayed. Buying in store means you can put it straight in your car, take it home, assemble the chair and sit in and start gaming.
- Easy to Return: Another disappointment is getting your online purchase to find its broken or missing parts. If you buy in a physical store, it is still an inconvenience but at least you don’t have to ship it back and wait for a couple of days or weeks for replacement. Just take it back to the store and most will give you a replacement right away.
Cons of Buying In-Store
- Limited Choice: Even the stores that have larger stocks simply don’t have the floor space to hold a selection of chairs as large as you can find online.
- Transport Incovennience: If you don’t have access to a car or a van then it can be tricky to get your chair across town.
- More Expensive: Generally you can save money buying chairs from online shops.
Pros and Cons of Buying Gaming Chairs Online
Shopping online undoubtedly has its advantages and disadvantages. Although I am of the opinion that the advantages clearly outweigh the disadvantages, I like to buy almost everything online.
The Pros of Buying Online
- A huge selection: No matter how big the store is, no physical store will have more chairs to choose from than the selection of chairs available online.
- Convenient: Even if the selection is huge and you may need a while to find the right chair, with a few clicks of the mouse you can close the deal and on the next day your purchase will appear at your door without you having to even leave the house.
- Delivered to your doorstep: if you buy big things, the transport can be a logistical challenge, you need a big car or a van. If you buy online, you don’t have to worry about it.
- Reviews: Although reviews are likely available for any chair you buy in-store, it is usually a separate matter to go and check them. Any site worth its salt will have customer reviews for the product that you can check before you buy.
- Cheaper get better deals: Sometimes you may have to pay the cost for shipping, but still, you generally get a better bargain and discount deals when you buy your chair online.
The Cons of Buying Online
- Can’t test the product: Not being able to try before you buy is a downside. Fortunately, in most states, there are consumer rights that protect online shoppers and allow returns within 2 weeks without giving a reason. But especially the biggest online houses may have more generous certain money-back guarantees if it’s not the gaming chair for you. But always check the store’s return policy.
- Can’t Check the Quality: – As we covered earlier, photos can be flattering, make sure you read product specifications and the consumer comments to see what other people are saying. But if the quality doesn’t convince you then make use of the right of return. In the event of a manufacturing defect, you can also open a warranty claim.
- Delay in delivery: Even if most online retailers give a fairly precise delivery date on their website, there may be delays in the supply chain so that you may have to wait a little longer for your purchase. Delivery times can vary and if you want a certain product it may be out of stock and you have to wait.
Buy Gaming Chairs Online or In Store
If you live in a rural area, then your choice to find stores that sell gaming chairs can be limited, or be non-existent, or would require a long drive. But if you are in an urban area then you often only need to go to the nearest mall or department store and the selection of gaming chairs is likely to be greater.
If you happen to be in a store that sells gaming chairs, you might well see the perfect chair, when you sit down it feels super comfortable, fits your size exactly, nothing squeaks, the quality is right and the price is within your budget. It will be hard to resist taking it home right away!