Windows is one of the most popular Operating Systems in the world,it is known for its useful features and user-friendly approach,it isinstalled on gaming computersas well as on office computers.But as with all Operating systems,there are some issues in Windows and Blue Screen of Death(BSOD)is one of them.In this guide,we will share what causes the BSOD and how you can solve this problem.
What is the main cause of the Blue Screen of Death(BSOD)?
Windows is a complex operating system that may process being active in the background to keep the OS running.Blue Screens normally occur when the OS encounters a serious error.Sometimes when you run low-level software in windows it may crash and cause a Blue screen.But this problem often can be easily resolved,we will share its solution in the next section.
Blue screen of Death(BSOD)occurs whenWindows OSreceives a “STOP Error” which is a critical error that can crash Windows,as a result,you see the blue screen on your Laptop or PC.When BSOD occurs,the system automatically restarts to troubleshoot which can cause data loss.However,you can get to the root cause of this BSOD by getting the “minidump” file which contains the information about the root cause of BSOD,and these files are automatically saved to your hard drive by the OS.
Blue Screen can be different depending on which version you are using.If you are using Windows 7,you will see the terminal-type screen where you will find all the necessary information about the cause of BSOD.However,if you are Windows 8 or 10 user then you will see the minimalistic screen where you will be asked to restart your computer.
How to find information about BSOD on your Computer?
There are two main ways to find information about BSOD on your computer.The first way is pretty simple,you can find the BSDO information using theWindows Event Viewer.Windows Event Viewer is a log of the System and application where you will also find the communication of errors and warnings between the system and application.Finding an Event Viewer on Windows 10 is pretty easy,you can type the “Event Viewer” in the search section and you will be able to locate it.In the Event Viewer section,go to Windows Log>System and you will find your required information there.
The second way is to install the software which will automatically display the information about BSOD on its interface.There are many free applications available that you can use for this purpose.
How to Troubleshoot the BSOD?
Windows is an established OS and it has a way to recover the system very easily without causing much damage.In Windows 7,you can start the troubleshooting by going to Control Panel>System&Security where you can find the troubleshooting option in the maintenance section.
In Windows 8 and 10,troubleshooting is automatic and the system troubleshoots the problem when you Restart the System,However,if you want to see what causes the BSOD,you can check the information in theAction Center.
If you still face the BSOD even after troubleshooting then look for the error type at the end of the blue screen,there you will find the “0x0000xxxx” type number which you can search on google to find the possible solution.BSOD can have multiple problems that can’t be covered here but here are some useful tips which you can use to solve this issue.
- If you are still facing the issue even after troubleshooting then uses the “System Restore” function which will roll the windows OS to its previous stable state.If your computer works properly after System Restore then the Software issue will be the main cause of BSOD.
- The Internet is a hostile place and we often unintentionally download malware and other malicious software when we download the software from an untrusted source.If you have downloaded any software in the recent past then make sure to scan your computer and remove that software.As there is a strong possibility that maybe that software is the cause of BSOD.
- The computer has many hardware parts and it is critical for windows to work properly to have fully functional hardware Parts.Hardware parts need drivers to work properly and if we don’t update the drivers regularly,it can cause the BSOD.So if you have a BSOD problem then make sure that you have the latest drivers for hardware components.
- If you are facing the BSOD then you can use your computer in Safe Mode where windows load the only essential drivers to keep the OS running.In Safe Mode,you can work on finding the real cause of BSOD and initiate the troubleshooting.
- If your computer continues to show the BSOD problem,even after following the above-mentioned tips,then the problem could be the Hardware and you can contact professionals to Diagnose the Problem.
In conclusion,why does my computer get the blue screen of Death?
Having the Blue screen of Death is a common occurrence in Windows OSs.If you are facing these issues then don’t panic.Follow our guide to diagnose the problem and you can easily follow these steps without having much technical knowledge.We hope that you will find our guide useful and if so then share it with your friends.Also,visit our website for other useful guides and more Frequently Asked Questions.