This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase I earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
Whether you’re a professional gamer, game designer, amateur gamer, or you just want a little something extra with your keyboard, gaming keyboards are the way to do it. Brightening up your space with keyboards that have multi-colored illumination and backlighting isn’t the only way that you can heighten your experience, and this review shows you that. We’ve looked into the CORSAIR STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard to find out everything there is about it and how it performs, so we can let you know if it’s truly worth the price.
CORSAIR STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
The CORSAIR STRAFE keyboard is one of many in CORSAIR’s line of gaming keyboards. This model was designed not only to heighten the gaming experience for players everywhere but to make it easier. As one of the more popular models in CORSAIR’s fleet, we assumed that its high consumer reviews and Amazon Choice rating meant it was a sure bet; but we had to find out for ourselves so that we could pass the information off to you.
Features of the CORSAIR STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The CORSAIR STRAFE includes a wrist rest, gaming keyboard, owner’s manual and standard boxing/packaging.
- 100% Cherry MX key switches – mechanical gold-plated gaming keys
- RED backlighting
- Fully programmable, program any key or assign macros
- 100% anti-ghosting, 104 key rollovers guaranty all keys register
- Easy connect USB mouse, wireless headset and multimedia controls
- 100% Cherry MX key switches - Gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming keys deliver the ultimate competitive advantage.Two year warranty
- Dynamic backlighting - Brilliant RED backlighting enhances the experience with virtually unlimited lighting adjustability.Gaming Grade Circuitry - 100% anti-ghosting with 104 key rollover on USB ensure no matter how fast your play, all your keys register
- Fully programmable - Reassign any key or set up the most extreme macros for effortless gaming. PC with 2 USB 2.0 ports. Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7. An internet connection is required to download the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) software
- USB Pass-Through Port - Positioned for uninterrupted game play and ready for your mouse, wireless headset adapter, or your phone.Easy-access multimedia controls - Efficiently adjust volume on the fly.FPS/MOBA keycap sets - Textured and contoured keycaps enable maximum grip and enhanced feel
- Weight:2.02 lbs. Keyboard Dimensions- 17.6 x 6.6 x 1.5 inches. Keyboard Type Size-STRAFE
Last update on 2020-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Now that the company has been in business for over two decades, it’s safe to assume that they’re doing something right with their gaming keyboards. This model includes Cherry MX engineering from Germany, along with a trademarked utility engine that enables users to unlock keyboard customization, making it possible for you to reassign keys and curate macros. It has a USB pass-through connection for your headset, mouse, or removable storage drive, and a 104 key rollover with anti-ghosting. The red backlight heightens your experience and comes with multiple preset options or the capability of creating your own. Multimedia keys on the keyboard allow you to access audio and media playback quickly without interrupting your game. Unfortunately, it’s not recommended with Macs and is larger than it needs to be.
How to Get the Most Out of The Gaming Keyboard
Gamers and professionals use their keyboards a lot, so to get the most out of yours, it’s imperative that you take proper care of it, and that means keeping up with cleaning. You might not realize it, but grime, dust, food and skin particles, and much more, get trapped beneath the keys of your keyboard, and over time, it could affect sensitivity and even cause your keys not to work at all if it’s not cleaned. How you’re going to clean your keyboard is going to depend on the type of keyboard that you have. Is it mechanical or membrane? Is it wired or wireless? Once you’ve determined what you’re working with, you can start to clean it. To make things easier, we’ve included a video that teaches you how to clean your mechanical keyboard, as they’re the most universally used keyboard in both the gaming, professional and the personal worlds, and the CORSAIR STRAFE is a mechanical board.
After comparing the CORSAIR STRAFE against other models in the mid-range price point, we determined that it was bigger than it needed to be and the CORSAIR K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard was smaller in size. If your setup is in a smaller area, or you’re looking for something a less expensive that offers the majority of the same features and is lighter in weight, the K55 is a highly recommended alternative.
There are very few cons that we were able to find when playing around with the CORSAIR STRAFE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. From the long line of options that CORSAIR has available, it’s one that can be recommended to all users regardless of experience level, and regardless of what it’s being used for.
[amazon_link asins=’B00ZUPOMDQ’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’kavalagi-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a20b7b36-8d9a-4025-b8f4-617a180ca8f5′]The keys are appropriately positioned so you don’t need to worry about teaching yourself how to type again, and the adjustable brightness settings make it so you can turn down the red glow if you’re working in an office setting. The consumer reviews speak for themselves, and this model continues to be one of the highest-rated, and most top-selling around, despite having upgraded models released since.
If what you’re looking for is a stable, durable, multifunctional gaming keyboard that includes some backlight and illumination, this is a cost-efficient, and viable option for you.