This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase I earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
A US manufacturer of seats for racing cars, DXRacer has started in 2006 as one of the first to produce dedicated chairs for esports fans. Practically synonymous with top quality in the world of serious gamers, their chairs usually receive high praise and are officially endorsed by popular streamers and E-sports teams alike. Let’s have a look at the DXRacer Formula Series Gaming Chair and whether are DXRacer chairs worth it to spend that amount of money to own one.
DXRacer Formula Series
DXRacer has been in the market for a long time. This particular DXRacer chair model is one of the most popular and it is one of the best-selling gaming chairs ever
The DXRacer Formula Series Gaming Chair is ergonomically designed and offers optimal support for the back and lumbar area and thus ensures maximum comfort for long gaming sessions or work on the computer. Just perfect for everyone who sits at the computer for a long time.
- Extra high backrest for full back support
- Flexible back seat adjustment
- Adjustable back and armrests
- Advanced ergonomic design
- Tilt Mechanism
- Synthetic mesh upholstery
- Removable lumbar and head pillows
- Strong nylon chair base with footrests
- Occupant weight max 200 lbs / height max 5’10”
Let’s start with the way this gaming chair looks. Many models you can see online these days scream at you with garish colors and edgy designs, so looking at a chair that’s almost Spartan in comparison is quite frankly a welcome sight. There are no stripes or large color blocks that vie for your attention, just a smidgeon of red found on its sides, on the chair base and as lines separating its padding. Its overall race car design has often been imitated, but the original remains top dog. Equally at home in a gaming den as well as in a high-profile office building, it truly looks amazing.
Ergonomics of the DXRacer Formula Series
This chair impresses with its ergonomic design and construction. The lumbar support you get with it is fantastic, able to keep age-old back troubles or injuries in check while sitting in it all day. The pillow used for this remains supportive and in shape throughout the day keeping your back pain-free. Even better, if you don’t need the support or just think that the chair looks better without it, the pillow is easily removable while the chair remains perfectly usable without it.
This DXRacer Gaming Chair has been designed with the support of your complete upper body in mind and has an extra tall back to provide it. Of particular note are the shoulder rests and the head pillow. While going for optimum neck and head support is a no-brainer, it’s hard to understand what kind of a difference properly supported shoulders make for gaming until you’ve experienced it. Better-rested arms mean more actions per minute and less fatigue during prolonged matches, giving you an edge on the competition, provided they aren’t using a DXRacer too.
Another high-end feature this chair boasts is precise and variable reclining. Unlike some cheaper models that offer only fixed reclining angles or provide considerable resistance while being adjusted in this way, the Formula series gaming chair executes reclination completely smoothly. Barely any resistance is encountered when choosing the desired angle, and once you’re comfortable with it, a lock is there to keep it from moving again. The chair can’t quite recline all the way to 180 degrees, but it’s close and this really isn’t something one should hold against it. Chances are you’ll end up falling asleep in it at times anyway, and wake up refreshed and relaxed to boot.
The chair covers are upholstered with race car seat breathable mesh fabric. Cleaning those are not as easy as faux leather covers where a damp cloth is all that’s needed. But it has its benefits providing comfortable sitting.
One would think that because of how slim the gaming chair looks that its padding wouldn’t be sufficient. Surprisingly, it cushions both skinny and heavier people without fault and no indentations are left in it even after year-long use.
The armrests offer only limited mobility – you can raise or lower them to a certain degree, but they don’t tilt to the side. You’ll have to compensate for the former by adjusting the chair’s overall height, while there’s not much that can be done about the latter.
Making this possible is a rock-solid overall construction of the chair’s steel tubular frame and aluminum base. DXRacer is extremely confident that the frame can handle anything you put it through, and offers a lifetime warranty on it, as well as a two-year one on replacement parts.
Pros and Cons of the DXRacer Formula Series
- ✅ NO1. Gaming Chair Brand | Born in 2001, DXRacer is the first and original brand of the modern gaming chair. As the leading premium brand of gaming chairs, DXRacer is world-renowned and available on all continents with its headquarters in Michigan, USA. With over 19 years’ expertise in innovation and design, DXRacer has already become the top seat of choice for pros, enthusiasts, large esports events, and tournaments.
- ✅ Your Entry-level Racing Chair | The Formula Series is our first series and the world's most sold gaming chair due to its affordable entry-level price for the premium seating experience it offers. Hailing directly from the world of racing to the world of gaming, Formula is for slim users and is the most popular gaming chair for esports. It holds weights up to 200lbs and height up to 5'8".
- ✅ Top Gaming Seat For Gamers | To deliver gamers the highest levels of quality and comfort, our products are manufactured with high-quality materials for the covering, higher-density mold shaping foam as well as full-metal frames for maximum stability and sturdiness. All the other components such as class 4 gas lifts are certificated by TÜV LGA, ANSI/BIFMA (by SGS), and ISO9001 for extra safety and durability.
- ✅ We’ve Got You Covered | Built with ergonomics in mind, DXRacer chairs are the perfect gaming rig for gamers and streamers. Thanks to the tilt mechanism, adjustable seat height, fully adjustable arms, 135-degree reclining backrest, and smooth casters, users have full mobility whether for gaming, working, or meeting in the office. Moreover, we offer a 2-year warranty on parts, and a lifetime warranty on the frame to guarantee 100% satisfaction.
- ✅ 6,000,000+ Users’ Choice | With 10M+ views on Youtube, 933K+ followers on FaceBook, 157K+ followers on Instagram and 385K+ followers on Twitter, DXRacer has been the most trusted name in the gaming chair industry! DXRacer partners with Sony, Fnatic, Robert Morris University, and many others. DXRacer is also present at major events such as WCG, IEM, LCS, WCS, DREAMHACK, UMG, and more!
Last update on 2021-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Verdict: Are DXRacer chairs worth it?
DXRacer has proved once more why their chairs are at the top. It’s their dedicated approach to delivering high-end quality without compromise at great value for your dollar. To get back to the question: are DXRacer chairs worth it to buy? Yes, you get what you pay for here, in the most positive sense of the saying.
What’s also worth mentioning is the breathable fabric mesh covers. As most gaming chairs come with faux PU leather, this one stands out with its fabric covers.
The chair is, without doubt, comfortable however only for users who weigh less than 190 pounds at a maximum height of 5’8′‘. If that is you then the chair excels at keeping you at ease and focused during the entire day and allowing you to tackle work tasks and gaming challenges with clarity. Think of purchasing a DXRacer chair as investing in both your health and a better-quality work/leisure experience.