This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase I earn a small commission at no extra cost for you.
The best way to play video games is using a powerful gaming PC; they offer the most advanced graphics, state-of-the-art technology, and are also mostly compatible with the latest virtual reality devices.
Some of the latest bestselling Gaming Computers
- GAME ON YOUR OWN TERMS – This potent PC keeps up with you and the games of tomorrow thanks to its powerful intervals, support for a second display, customizable LED lighting, seamless expansion, and easy upgrades
- DURABLE AND STYLISH – Not only does this compact desktop tower perfectly fit in any space, but it’s been designed to last with 230 quality tests to its name (1)
- HIGH-SPEED PERFORMANCE – Whether you are playing the latest games, designing the next skyscraper, or crunching scientific data, the AMD Ryzen 5300G desktop processor can handle it all, setting the bar for gamers and artists alike (2)
- PHENOMENAL GRAPHICS – Your favorite game titles look incredible and will run at their highest-fidelity thanks to the power-efficiency AMD Radeon RX 5500 graphics card with 4 GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – With 8 GB of RAM, everything from multitasking to playing games gets a performance boost (3); plus, with 512 GB of PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive storage, you’ll get up to 10x faster performance than a traditional hard drive (4) (5)
- MORE POWER FROM THE JUMP – This potent PC keeps up with the demanding games of tomorrow thanks to its easy upgrades, responsive visuals, powerful processor, and enhanced cooling system.
- CUSTOMIZABLE AND COMPACT DESIGN – This sleek, space-saving computer tower allows you to expand and upgrade with customizable LED lights.
- HIGH-SPEED PERFORMANCE – Setting the bar for gamers and artists alike, the powerful AMD Ryzen 7 5700G desktop processor can handle it all from gaming, designing, or crunching data (1).
- BREAKTHROUGH GRAPHICS – Engineered to deliver the ultimate 1080p gaming experience, the AMD Radeon RX 6600XT graphics card comes equipped with the latest AMD RDNA 2 architecture and an impressive 8 GB of GDDR6 dedicated memory.
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – With 16 GB of RAM, everything from multitasking to playing games gets a performance boost (2); plus, with 512 GB of PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive storage, you’ll get up to 10x faster performance than a traditional hard drive (3) (4).
- HYPER REALISM. IT’S ON - Reach another level of pc gaming realism with the powerful 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1170 processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (12GB) graphics with the visual fidelity of real-time ray tracing and the ultimate performance of AI-powered DLSS.
- JUMP INTO THE GAME – This gaming pc allows you to store all your game library in its a high-performance 1TB M.2 PCIe SSD with Optane Memory Boosts while also boasting a 16GB DDR4 RAM to speed up game load times.
- HEAR EVERYTHING - Featuring DTS Headphone:X technology, this gaming desktop delivers immersive high-fidelity 7.1-channel virtual surround-sound for home theater-quality audio through your pc gaming headsets.
- MAKE THEM STARE – This 27 liters gaming computer puts critical components into a compact body and boasts a transparent side panel to see the internals illuminated by the glow of 20 LEDs powered by Aura Sync.
- STAY COOL – Our prebuilt gaming pc’s thermal design features two isolated air chambers preventing heat from the CPU and GPU from warming up the power supply unit and storage drives.
Last update on 2022-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you are just a beginner in the world of PC gaming, or even a more advanced player looking for an upgrade, finding the best gaming PC can be difficult; since this is such an ever-growing industry, more and more brands keep popping up. This makes it difficult to find a computer that meets your wants and needs. So, before you even begin to research and choose one, you need to find out for yourself what you want in an affordable gaming PC.
First and foremost, you need to set a budget. What are you willing to spend? Gaming PCs range in price from only a few hundred to over a few thousand dollars and anywhere in between. If you narrow in your budget at around $500, then that will drastically narrow your search, and you can find the best gaming PC at that price point in no time. Choose a budget first, and then start looking.
Second, you need to be doing your research. This is so important because before you buy something, you need to know if it going to work for you. Ask yourself these questions: What will I be using the PC for? What kind of games will I be playing? How much storage will these games need? Read everything about computer storage on https://www.explainingcomputers.com. Will I be customizing my system? Does the package include a keyboard and mouse? How many games will I be playing at once? Which graphics card do I need? Does audio matter to me? If you answer all these questions, you will be one step closer to finding the best gaming PC that is right for you.
I am going to write mini-reviews for five affordable gaming PC’s on the market today. While some of these may be the best gaming PCs for their price, we are going to take an in-depth look at them to see what they are like. My hope is that at the end of going through them, you will have a clearer picture of which one you should get. The best part is that they range in price from a few hundred to over a thousand dollars, just to give you the best range of gaming PCs available today.
The gaming Rigs below have been replaced with newer better systems.
Scroll back up to see a list of the latest bestselling and very affordable gaming computers.
CybertronPC Borg-Q Gaming Desktop
- 3.80 GHz Quad-Core
- AMD 760G chipset
- DDR3 8 GB RAM
- HDD 1TB data storage
- Installed with Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1GB Video Card
- Also has a DVD rewritable drive that has two layers
- Audio is a 7.1 channel
- Comes with both a mouse and a keyboard
- Various expansion bays and slots to enhance the experience
- 4 3.0 USB slots, 2 2.0 USB slots, HDMI slot
- Affordable price
- Great tech support that is free
- Easy to install
- Great overall package
- Boots fast
- Graphics card is not current, needed to buy a new one
- The fan is loud
Summary Cybertron Borg
This is the cheapest, most affordable gaming PC on our list but still one of the best value for dollar purchases. Now, first, we should make sure that even though something is cheaper, we aren’t getting a product without a lot of features. The only downside with this one is the graphics card, but other than that it really does hold its own. I would recommend it to any beginner interested in gaming on a PC as it does everything you need it to do.
SkyTech Omega Gaming Computer PC
- Runs on an Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz
- The hard drive has a capacity of 2 TB and runs on 7200RPM
- 240 GB storage on SSD
- Video card: Nvidia GTZ 1060
- RAM 16 GB DDR4
- Comes with Windows 10 already on it
- Wi-Fi enabled
- No monitor included
- There are 3 display ports
- 1 HDMI place
- Water cooling system
- Runs on 600-watt power
- Lots of storage
- Can customize a lot
- Runs fast
- Gameplay has zero lagging
- Plenty of USB ports
- Setup is fast and simple
- Keyboard and mouse included
- Visuals and graphics are top-notch
- Not many new features, even though it is more expensive
- No monitor included (however has HDMI port to hook up to TV or larger screen)
I really think this product is great; it is a bit more expensive than others on this list, but it does offer a fast working system and stunning visuals. Furthermore, I think the look is fantastic. There are a lot of USB ports for various things and the video card is superb.
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Desktop Gaming PC
- Quad-Core Intel i5-7400 3.0 GHz
- Intel B250 chipset
- 8 GB storage on DDR4
- >1TB storage on HDD
- 24X DVD rewritable drive (dual)
- Comes with Windows 10 already installed
- Video Card: AMD Radeon-RX 480
- HDMI port
- VGA port
- 6 USB 3.0 slots
- 2 USB 2.0 Slots
- 1 RJ-45 network
- 7.1 channel audio
- Keyboard/mouse Included
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi and Bluetooth adapter
- Warranty: 1-year parts/labor
- Free tech support
- Can work with VR
- Great reddish look, futuristic
- HDMI port can hook up to larger screen
- Wi-Fi adapter (802.11ac) works great and runs fast, no lagging at all
- Graphics card is stellar
- Wireless keyboard and mouse included
- Cool LED fans
- Windows 10 already installed
- Easy to upgrade in the future
- Great warranty
- Doesn’t make noise, quiet
- Easy to install and set up
- State drive is flimsy, could break
- 1 PCI slot, not enough
- Can only work with monitors that have HDMI cord access
- Mouse/keyboard need work
This is also a very affordable gaming PC on our list today. However, I don’t think it is the best, but it is still not the worst. The keyboard and mouse that come with it are essentially garbage, and I replaced mine right away. The graphics are great and the processor is fast enough to run even the biggest of games.
iBUYPOWER AM001i Desktop Gaming PC
- Intel i5-7400 Quad Core 3.0 GHz
- Intel B250 chipset
- DDR4-240- 8 GB storage
- HDD- 1TB storage
- Windows 10 already installed on it
- SSD storage of 120 GB
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 for gaming
- VR connectors equipped with it
- Can be used with DVI-D, HDMI, and VGA (connectors)
- Has 6 USB 3.0 slots, 4 USB 2.0 Slots
- 7.1 channel audio
- Equipped with the iBUYPOWER keyboard and mouse for gaming
- 802.11ac wireless adapter comes with it
- 1-year parts and labor warranty
- Free tech support
- All games work fast and easily on it
- Connects to Wi-Fi fast
- Audio sound is great
- USB slots are endless, it seems
- Keyboard and mouse made for gaming, shortcuts, etc.
- Affordable price
- Quiet machine
- Always kept cool
- Fantastic look on the exterior
- The instruction manual is clear and concise
- Not much room for customization, only 2 RAM slots
- Loud keyboard when using, may need to get a new one
- Disc drive not included, although they are becoming obsolete
Even though I think this gaming PC is great for beginners, it is not the best one for gamers who really like to customize their systems. It only comes with 2 RAM slots, and you won’t be able to add much more than that. Another turn off for some people is the lack of a DVD/CD drive, but those are simply becoming obsolete, most games are now available online direct to the computer. If you do need a DVD drive, there are plenty of external ones available. Other than these cons, I think it does what it needs to and comes in at an affordable price. It is one of the best on this list.
ASUS ROG Core i7 Compact Gaming Desktop
- Intel Core i7-6700 Quad Core 3.4 GHz Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, one of the most advanced cards for games and heavy-duty applications
- Active and passive thermal design
- Hidden airflow, always keeps the machine cool no risk of overheating or any damage
- Instruction manual
- Compatible with the latest VR technology and software
- ROG G20 can view 3-D and has stunning colors and visuals
- LED lighting is customizable depending on your preference
- Windows 10 already is on it
- Comes with keyboard and mouse
- RAM is 16 GB DDR-SDRAM
- 2133 MHz of memory speed
- Hard drive has storage of 1024 GB
- Works wirelessly with the 802.11A/C
- Has 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Has 4 USB 3.0 ports
- Weighs 14.1 pounds
- Measures 13.4” by 4.1” by 14.1”
- Color: Black
- Easy setup
- Graphics are amazing, video is amazing
- Can be used with the VR system, the next stage of gaming
- Extremely quiet, will not disturb you
- Case looks great
- The cooling system works fantastic
- Quick to start the machine
- Since it is compact, can take it other places
- Not enough features for how expensive it is
So here is my biggest issue with this gaming PC: the price. If it wasn’t the most expensive, I would recommend it highly. However, there are not enough additional features or speeds to justify why it is so much more expensive than others on the market today. If you do have the money to spare, it is a great system and has a great video card, and is quick all around. However, I have read plenty of reviews that say they have experienced some lagging issues, which is a nightmare for most gamers. So just be hesitant about this.
Verdict on the Gaming Computers
At the very end of the day, all of us gamers know that any type of console or system is entirely up to personal preference. It all depends on what you want most in your gaming PC. If you want to be up to date with the latest hardware, you need a gaming rig that lets you easily install new hardware components. It also comes down to your budget. Out of the list above of affordable gaming PC, I think the two best deals are the CybertronPC Borg-Q Gaming Desktop and the SkyTech Omega Gaming Computer PC; they offer great machines at an affordable price. The CybertronPC Borg-Q Gaming Desktop is perfect for a beginner, it is the cheapest one on the list, but it still is fast and customizable. Unfortunately, it is currently not available, so see our list of gaming computer deals. Don’t forget to have a look at our gaming chair recommendations too.